Registration is now CLOSED.
Cascade 1400 has an 85 rider limit.
The cost of the ride is $575. Certain discounts are available (see below). Riders accepted into the event be sent an invoice via PAYPAL and will have one week after acceptance to remit the ride fee. Riders failing to remit the fee within the time limit will be placed at the end of the waitlist. Your registration fee includes the following:
- Hotel accommodation on “Night Zero” on Bainbridge Island (that is the night before the ride) based on double occupancy (2 beds, not shared).
- Accommodation at each of the four overnight controls. Two nights will be at hotels. Riders will be 2 to a queen or king bed. Rooms will have 1-2 beds, so expect 1-3 roommates each night. The other two nights are at high school facilities. Air mattresses, sleeping bags and earplugs will be provided. Riders bringing their own sleeping bags are eligible to receive a discount. See below.
- Sex-segregated showers at the school facilities (towels and shampoo provided) and in-room showers at the hotels.
- Drop bag transport from the start to each overnight control and back to the finish
- Professionally catered food at the overnight controls for dinner and breakfast
- Event t-shirt and finisher’s medal
- Bike box and left luggage transportation from the start hotel to the finish location
- Sweep vehicle. Please see the important FAQ information on sweep.
- Finish line food and drink.
- GPS tracking device. A real-time website will be available for friends and family to track your progress during the event. All riders are REQUIRED to carry a GPS Tracking device. Riders using their own SPOT or Garmin InReach tracking devices are eligible to receive a discount. See below.
*DISCOUNTS off the registration fee are available as follows:
- A $50 discount is available to riders who bring their own SPOT or Garmin InReach tracking device. During the registration process you must provide your device’s public tracking link. Please note we will not accept requests to use phone apps such as Apple Find My Friends, etc as much of the course is not covered by cellular reception.
- A $25 discount is available to riders who bring their own sleeping bag. The sleeping bag MUST be contained in a stuff sack. We will not carry loose bags, blankets, pillows, etc.
The following are NOT included, and are at the rider’s expense
- Hotel accommodation at the finish hotel. A group rate will be negotiated. You will receive information on the group rate after your registration is accepted.
- Transport to/from the airport to the start/finish locations.
- Food outside of the overnight controls. We may have some staffed controls in remote locations, but riders should be prepared to fend for themselves during the day. Locations of services and staffed controls will be clearly marked on the cuesheet. WA can be HOT in mid-June, so it is recommended that all riders carry three water bottles.
- Transport back to the start/finish if you abandon. Please see the important FAQ information on sweep.
- Event jersey. Details on purchasing a jersey will be available in the spring.
Optional upgrades available for purchase:
- Single occupancy (one queen or king) on “Night Zero” at the Bainbridge Island start is available for a $100 upcharge.
- As in 2018, we expect to be able to arrange a charter service from the finish hotel to Seattle area destinations including the ferry terminal parking lot, Amtrak, SeaTac, etc. In 2018 this service cost ~$20 per person and we would expect it to be about the same. More information on this option will be available in the spring.
All riders must complete a full series (200, 300, 400, 600) in 2022, no later than June 12th. You will be asked to withdraw (and will be subject to the cancellation policy below) if you are unable to qualify. If a series is not completed by June 12th, the rider may also apply to the Seattle RBA with evidence of the rider’s capability to complete the ride. In her sole discretion, the RBA may allow the rider to participate in the Cascade 1400.
Riders will be admitted from the wait list only after cancellations bring the # of committed riders down below 85.
If you must cancel, PLEASE do so as early as possible. Not only will that maximize your refund, it will *also* enable wait-listed riders (many of whom will be travelling from afar) to make their travel reservations as early as possible. Thank you!
80% on or before March 31st.
50% between April 1st & April 30th
20% between May 1st & May 15th.
No refund after May 15th UNLESS we can fill your spot from the wait list, in which case we will refund you 20%.
Cascade 1400 registrations are non-transferable.